A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a number of Data Engineers with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities
The Data Engineer will expand and optimise our clients’ data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimise their data flow and collection for cross functional teams. Your responsibilities include:
- Build robust, efficient and reliable data pipelines consisting of diverse data sources to ingest and process data into data platforms (Hadoop, AWS or GCP).
- Design and develop real time streaming and batch processing pipeline solutions
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product Owner and data analyst teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Collaborate with Architects to define the architecture and technology selection.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Proven commercial experience as a Senior Data Engineer / Big Data Developer for 4+ years preferably in building data lake solution by ingesting and processing data from various source systems
- Demonstrated software engineering / Big Data development background using Python (preferred), Java, Scala
- Experience with multiple Big data technologies and concepts such as HDFS, NiFi, Kafka, Hive, Spark, Spark streaming, HBase, EMR and GCP
- Background within Hadoop eco system (Cloudera, Spark, Scala and PySpark);
- Have worked on Spark performance tuning, troubleshooting Spark Job
- Strong in concepts of object-oriented programming, memory management e.g. garbage collection.
- Worked on building ETL pipeline and implementation of CDC.
- In-depth understanding of Data Management practices and Database technologies
- Ability to work in team in diverse, fast-paced Agile environment
- Apply DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles to build automated pipelines for deployment and production assurance on the data platform.
- Knowledge of building self-contained applications using Docker and OpenShift
- Share knowledge with immediate peers and build communities and connections that promote better technical practices across the organisation
- Implement test cases and test automation.
- Experience in building various frameworks for enterprise data lake is highly desirable
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.