A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team:
Capgemini is looking for someone passionate about Big Data, Data Analytics, AWS and Hadoop Stack. Working on an exciting Big Data Business Intelligence and Analytics project, you will implement and drive adoption of new technologies to assist with a government department’s data journey.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be successful in this exciting position you should have the following experiences:
- Experience in working in large scale cloud data solutions, particularly AWS.
- Passion for data modelling working across a range of data domains and technologies having produced conceptual, logical and physical models.
- Experience in building and implementing big data solutions using industry best practice tools, technologies and methods.
- Use of traditional data analytics tools and techniques (e.g. Oracle) and ETL software (e.g. Informatica).
- Experience in scripting or programming (e.g. Python).
- Look at the current environment and build new data flows and processes.
- Enjoy taking ownership of problems and being empowered to solve them.
- Proven experience working on end to end project delivery supporting solution designers, architects and business stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Agile engineering practices
- Experience with enterprise data warehousing and reporting platforms beneficial.
- Background in Big Data technologies such as: Spark, HBase, HDFS and Hive beneficial.
- Prior experience working for a consultancy or a professional services organisation highly regarded.
Please note, we can only consider Australian Citizens for this role.
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.