The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
The role sits in Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) Global Business Line’s Cloud & Edge Australia Organization, which is tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Cloud Centre of Excellence (CoE) Pre-Sales Solution Architect is a key role within the Capgemini Infrastructure Services (CIS) business which enables our customer’s to leverage the cloud and develop a hybrid cloud/bimodal operating model. The Cloud CoE Pre-Sales Solution Architect engages closely with clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions/projects for new and existing clients by leveraging their wealth of previous experience from deploying cloud solutions. You will work as part of a pre-sales team in the proposal stage and then engage in the delivery of the cloud transformation project covering the design and implementation phases of the project before handing over to support and operations teams. Responsibilities include:
- Understanding and elaborating on client requirements and developing solutions that meet these needs in a customer facing role
- Interfacing with internal teams to ensure completeness and relevance to customer requirements
- Achieving “Trusted Advisor” status among targeted strategic pursuit and key growth accounts
- Defining the technical solution, utilising best practices for Public Cloud architecture
- Ensuring solutions are developed in compliance with established Technical Governance methodologies, ensuring a consistent approach to technical solutions and alignment to the Capgemini’s Enterprise Architecture standards
- Adhering to company security policies and procedures as directed.
- Orchestrating and leading pre-sales efforts inclusive of holistic IT optimization, consolidation, and transformation solutions for large customers including the development of strategy and collective vision
- Supporting sales to articulate Capgemini’s solutions, cloud technologies, transformation and migration methodologies
- Working as part of the Cloud Solutioning Architectural team to deliver larger pieces of work
- Commercial understanding and ability to price solutions for clients either on public or private cloud
- Collateral management
- Providing input into Capgemini’s Cloud & Edge strategy & Architecture
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Strong Solution Architecture background with expertise in Infrastructure and Applications
- Architecting Public and Hybrid Cloud solutions, producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in a cloud environment adhering to DR and availability best practices
- A deep understanding of AWS & Azure platform features, capabilities and how to optimise these for an engagement
- Ability to quickly assess technical feasibility and develop proposals in line with customer requirements
- Ability to help shape transition and transformation strategies
- Big picture understanding of IT infrastructure across data Centre, Public Cloud, End User computing
- Presentations skills – ability to articulate technical and business value/outcomes to varying audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in a client facing role
- Ability to build relationships and trust with both internal and external stakeholders
Plus ideally one or more of the following skills and experience:
- Certifications in AWS to Architecture Associate level and Azure 733 as a minimum
- Professional Architecture certification preferred
- AWS specialties also highly desirable. (Azure considered)
- Traditional certifications beneficial (RedHat, VMware etc)
- Certification and/or experience in enterprise frameworks such as TOGAF, BCS Enterprise and Solution architecture also beneficial
- Understanding of Public Cloud networks topologies and recommended practices
- CCNP level skills
- Knowledge of BGP, IPsec, static/dynamic routing, IPv4/v6 IPAM, DNS, NAT, Express Route/Direct Connect and flow logging/troubleshooting
- Understanding of fundamental security principles and Public Cloud specific security architecture features
- Ability to take customer requirements, translate those into solutions leveraging the inherent security capabilities of the Cloud Providers and additional supplementary controls
- Knowledge of AAA, CIA, encryption and key management, PKI, federation and separation of duties
- Use of Provider higher level services to optimize solution
- Selection of correct instance type, duration and consumption method
- Ability to estimate variable consumption charges
- Understanding of regional costing variations
- Ability to make pricing assumptions to optimize cost
- Knowledge of Trusted Advisor and Cost Explorer
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.