Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
You will lead major initiatives and work to ensure the business process and technology solution are fully aligned with business goals and strategy.
This will involve:
- Workging with a broad range of stakeholders, across the business to build business knowledge and understand their strategy and goals.
- Evaluating, analysing and communicating business requirements, business processes and solution designs.
- Breaking down large projects into deliverable epics/user stories which will evolve from minimum viable product to a fully developed solution.
- Working collaboratively with the development team to deliver the best possible outcome for both BAU activities and major initiatives.
- Wearing multiple hats within an Agile team e.g. product owner, scrum master and occasionally as a tester.
- Managing several internally developed products and ensuring integration to third party systems is fully aligned with the products’ core business and technical principles.
- Responding to queries from managers and executives with supporting research and recommendations.
- Coaching and mentoring other analysts as they join the business or project or less experienced business analysts.
- Providing business expertise, critical analytical skills and initiative.
- Engaging effectively with stakeholders, driving key relationships and assisting the clients to work out their requirements, in order to reach excellent outcomes for the business.
- Gathering, analysing and documenting business requirements, ensuring they are documented in the most appropriate method for the customer.
- Facilitating workshops, conducting one on one interviews, process mapping and utilising other methods including developing User Stories, and likely working to Agile sprint cycles.
- Managing requirement traceability across initiatives.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information or Business Systems.
- Certification in Agile and/or Scrum processes is desirable.
Skills and Experience
- Prior professional experinece working as a Business Analyst
- Leading major initiatives (within the BA space)
- Process Modelling (‘as is’ and ‘to be’)
- Working on large initiatives as well as BAU activities simultaneously
- Experience liaising with internal development teams and external vendors to ensure the deliverables meet requirements
- Exposure to Agile software development projects including development of new applications
- Product management
- Excellent stakeholder relationship skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to influence people at all levels
- The ability to think “outside the box”
- Strong business acumen