A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team
Our Digital Customer Experience (DCX) team partner with businesses to help them adapt and respond effectively to the challenges of a constantly changing world, this is done by delivering thought leading transformational solutions.
Within our Adobe team we are continually driving customer value, by leveraging the power of the Adobe Experience Cloud Platform. Our focus areas are: Multi Cloud, Enterprise Integration and Deployment and Digital Agility.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
As an Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Developer, you will work alongside a team of like-minded individuals within the Adobe community and partner closely with our clients on a wide variety of collaborative and innovative engagements. Key dimensions of the role include:
- Managing and support the Operations stream on Adobe Experience Manager for one of our clients
- Leading a small team of driven individuals
- Working with the Architect and build solution that optimally utilises Adobe tools and supports clients use cases, strategy and industry standards
- Breaking down customer strategies into phased roadmaps according to customer priorities, industry best practices and technology prerequisites & dependencies
- Engaging periodically with key technology partners to plan for sufficient capacity and to be aware of upcoming new features / provide guidance to customer those features and benefits
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology (IT) projects
- 3+ years of relevant Development experience in Adobe CQ5/AEM
- Strong understanding of Adobe Core Components, Services, ACLs and User Management
- Experience around creating custom AEM Templates, Components, Workflows & Services
- Good understanding around JEE and OSGi stacks
- Integration experience around SAML, Search, CRM’s, eCommerce and other Adobe Experience Cloud products
- Lead the trouble shooting and resolution of priority 1 and 2 cases–will need to be assessable outside working hours when needed
- Excellent communication skills and business/client interactions
- Managing the offshore team with daily stand-ups and providing leadership to the team
- Dispatcher configuration, deploying modules, load balancing, caching and configuration updates.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow tool as well as deployments and release process
- Ability to add and update users/permissions, owning the site architecture
- Ability to provide effort estimations and experience working in a team environment with an agile development process
- Ability to follow coding and development standards and produce structured code and documentation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment against tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Marketing Cloud (desirable)
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.