- Launch of Scrum7
- Our Applied Innovation Exchanges source and select start-ups
April: Top 6 announcement
- Our AIE’s in San Francisco, London and Paris select the top 6 start-ups, 1 per theme and per AIE.
- Two start-ups per country work with our AIEs and university rugby teams in the US, UK and France.
- Start-ups mentored by our experts work with university teams to create and test their innovative technology product or solution in a real environment.
May: VivaTech, Paris (24–26)
- Start-up finals are organized at Europe’s leading innovation and technology event, VivaTech
- Panel discussions with industry leaders on sports, business and technology are organized
- Top two winners, one in each theme are announced
- Online audiences can watch start-ups finals live on Facebook
June: Follow the journey
- Videos featuring start-ups and university teams are live
July: Rugby world cup sevens 2018, San Francisco (20–22)
- Winning start-ups participate in an Innovation event held at our San Francisco AIE
- Opportunity to engage with an international sports league