‘Enlight’ is a project delivered by Capgemini India to bring education to girls from disadvantaged families, including girls with disabilities, or from poor and homeless families.
In doing so, it is helping to protect women against violence by addressing the social conditions and biases that deny access to basic facilities for girls and women.
In practice, this involves:
- Providing access to quality primary education for girls
- Using technology to improve the cognitive development of children
- Strengthening the functioning of schools
- Promoting better health and hygiene practices
- Providing access to vocational skills.
To date, more than 90% of participating children have improved their competency levels in reading, writing and arithmetic, while parents and partnering communities have shown a greater awareness of the issues at stake and the aims of the project.