027774-HR Shared Services Payroll Senior Associate
As a member of the North American HR Services Team, the HR Services Payroll/Senior Associate will support the company’s transformation and the business.
Meeting its goals by interfacing primarily team members and 3rd party vendors with the local HR Business Partners, our offshore team in India as well as the local HR Services towers including Recruit to Hire, Leaves, Separations, Compensation, Benefits and Payroll. The position is located in the Chicago office.
The breadth of responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following functional areas:
• Printing, Faxing, Scanning, Filing documents
• Perform daily payroll department operations
• Maintains payroll information by collecting, auditing and submitting import data to vendor. Reviewing results in all Companies
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
• Inspecting automated system output such as registers and standard reports, determining and correct out of balancing conditions, preparing and filing corrections
• Monitor and manage distribution of incoming email to appropriate team members
• Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests, works with vendor service centers
• Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
• Prepare and review reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, and other wages.
• Performs a wide variety of payroll processing activities, including computing wage payments and calculating tax payments, vacation entries, garnishment, subpoenas, office changes, banking errors
• Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
• Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
• Analyzing information, data entry skills, thoroughness, general math skills
• Assist with US and Canada payroll activities and vendors.
The successful candidate will have a track record of success within the area of Payroll of relevant company/experience based on role, he/she will have.
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices and federal and state regulations
• Experience with ADP PRWC, Whitney and Report Writer is a plus
• Experience with a multi-state payroll and/or Canadian payroll is a plus.
• Experience in or exposure to working in a shared services environment or having held a cross-functional role a plus.
• Ability to prioritize work effectively
• Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel and Outlook
• Good math/accounting aptitude
• FPC designation a plus
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
The successful candidate will have demonstrated abilities in operations, customer service, people, transformation, and/or project/program management and be able to build on his/her experiences/expertise contributing to meeting the goals and objectives of the HR Services Team and the larger organization.
Additionally, he/she will have:
• A thirst and openness for learning, a “can do”, positive attitude.
• Strong work ethic and team player.
• Exemplary listening and comprehension skills; ability to listen, assimilate needs and formulate solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail, organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
• Analyzing information, data entry skills, and general math skills.
• Effective prioritization and time management discipline.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and initiatives.
• Ability to partner with multiple teams and take direction from multiple team members.
- 2-3 years experience in a related role
- Demonstrated deep content knowledge in individual functional area
- Experience performing work to achieve objectives with minimal guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law