As the SAP Portfolio leader in the Capgemini European SAP Center of Excellence, I’ve had a close look at scores of customer situations, hearing two main pain points:
- How do I define and then run an Intelligent Enterprise?
- What value will SAP S/4HANA bring differently?
The predicament for most customers stems from the expected radical change in how to deal with SAP systems. Embracing a much wider, more open ecosystem of solutions and services, mostly in the cloud, with a tighter integration, shorter cycles, magnifies the difficulty in deciding on where to begin.
To become renewable, companies must design a new IT systems logic to evolve at the pace of business change. Combining a simpler core based on SAP S/4HANA to the cloud solutions, apps, or microservices is one option that gives positive results. Hence, we decided in order to showcase benefits in three areas to help our customers succeed in their renewable enterprise journey:
- Business, SAP S/4HANA, and architecture: Our experts help design the best foundation, including cloud integrations, that will allow the IT landscape to deliver value to the business, at the pace of business change
- Agile methodology, assets, and accelerators: With this, we provide the best-in-class industrialized practices, security, and speed of delivery
- Trusted partner and advisor in the innovation space: Our ability to engage business and IT teams to develop innovations needed in the short/mid/long term.
We think that a one-size-fits-all approach is not what our customers expect, as both solutions and businesses evolve rapidly. But we do believe, that with the new technologies such as SAP S/4HANA, Intelligent Enterprise Cloud apps, AI/ML services, etc., our customers can exponentially boost their value and performance by rapidly creating their differentiations on top of the standard. All the complexity that used to be built into the ERP, can now be pushed out and built on platforms such as the SAP Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, etc. The SAP S/4HANA ERP core keeps all that is needed. The innovation and differentiation occurs at the edge on a PaaS!
Capgemini is creating unified data models, eliminating data silos, and allowing analytics on all types data using a unique multi-pillar SAP S/4HANA solution architecture for our customers. We turn this renewable-enterprise vision into tangible use cases in multiple industries, that we have used with our customers during joint Innovation days to demonstrate what the future of their business could look like and how it could evolve with the business expectations. We’ve qualitatively and quantitatively shown of business value in transformation scenarios, for instance:
- Asset and inventory optimization: lowering existing costs to about a third
- Tripling productivity and operational performance courtesy real-time decision making and higher accuracy
Today, over a hundred customers are building their renewable enterprise, leveraging SAP S/4HANA and the Intelligent Enterprise stack with Capgemini. Would you like to know what your renewable enterprise could be? Do not hesitate to contact me!