As a responsible organization, Capgemini is committed to environmental sustainability and it shows. The Environmental Management System (EMS) that Capgemini North America implemented has just received ISO 14001 certification! Read the press release.
This system ensures that we meet the requirements of environmental legislation, the increasing expectations of our clients, and helps to reduce our carbon emissions and environmental footprint. ISO 14001 is an internationally recognized standard which sets requirements for an EMS. As part of the EMS implementation, we have:
- Developed the North American (NA) Sustainability Board*;
- Set our NA Environmental Policy;
- Determined 2016 objectives and targets; and
- Created a computer-based training (CBT) module to ensure employees understand their own responsibilities and how they can contribute to reducing our environmental impact.
This achievement represents the diligent efforts of global, cross-functional teams including facilities administration, corporate responsibility and centers of excellence. This is the first NA-wide ISO certificate we have received and our accomplishment speaks volumes about North America’s ability to work together to achieve goals. We are proud of this success and recognize it as a major step forward in our NA Environmental Sustainability program.
Capgemini’s Environmental Sustainability program is a unique opportunity for us to:
- Live our values by reducing the impact we make on the planet through both our personal and business activities (pictured right: employees planting trees);
- Improve the profitability and efficiency of our business by reducing our energy, resource and travel expenses; and
- Develop new business offerings and services to benefit our clients and their businesses to do the same.
Environmental Sustainability represents one of the 5 pillars which form our Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Program. Join us in our efforts to make our business and our world a better place.
If you want to know more about our NA Environmental Program, please contact Mel Larkins (email@example.com), the Environment & Community Program Manager for North America.
Follow us on Twitter: @JoinCapgemini