Agile transformation efforts to create unique customer experiences, pivot with changing consumer tastes, and fulfill demand faster will give rise to the channel agnostic marketer.
With the goal of getting insights to the point of action, retailers will re-think their business/IT relationships and embark on agile transformations which will have a ripple effect across the IT estate and into marketing operations. Brick and mortar retailers, particularly grocery and big box with legacy loyalty programs, will draw learnings from early agility adopters like Amazon and Netflix, and invest heavily in front end analytics. Conversely, Amazon and Netflix will gain a new respect for their brick and mortar fast followers like Kroger and Walmart who merge fast and smart IT in a way that goes beyond the channel. The emerging channel agnostic marketer will think about end points – like beacons and clienteling apps and will use their new found agility to stop being overwhelmed by the proliferation of channels.
This post is part of Capgemini’s 2016 retail trends and strategies blog series. Read the rest of the articles in the series:
· 2016 Retail Trend 1: The Social Media Balancing Act
· 2016 Retail Trend 2: Merging Online/Mobile/Physical Store Experiences
· 2016 Retail Trend 3: The Empowered Store Associate
· 2016 Retail Trend 4: Optimized and Predictive Supply Chains
· 2016 Retail Trend 5: Augmenting POS with New Digital Technologies