Too often I come across technical strategies named as “Digital Strategy “. The digital transformation due to this will never release the hidden business value. Efforts are likely to be concentrated on technical issues, e g authorization and communication. Important things, but surely not the entire story. To prevent digital transformation becoming a technical issue, you must understand the scope of digital strategy and how to align your information supply operation. Business people have to put themselves in the front seat and really drive the digital transformation from an outside- in perspective.
The scope of your digital strategy should be shaped by your business ecosystem, your participation in open communities, the way you use social media to co-develop together with your clients co, and finally your capability to turn all the data (structured, non-structured and semi-structured) into insights at the point of action (employees, IT-systems or clients). This a totally different way of go-to-market compared to the conventional view on product development, marketing, sales, and distribution channels. Enterprises go from previously having deployed things to the market to instead being a member of a system with mutual interaction between actors and things.
Due to this interaction, an enormous volume of data in several formats will be produced, which could easily turn into a “data swamp”. A perfect storm is coming due to all data.You must concentrate on the data needed for critical business decision and deselect other data. A seamless information strategy can help you direct your data resources and derive the insights you need from that data. The provider of this is the New Business Information Service Center (N-BISC). N-BISC is different from the traditional BISC and rests on five cornerstones:
- The infrastructure platform must quickly and easily be able to scale up (and down) managing data volumes as needed.
- Bimodal condition for N-BISC means being agile while maintaining existing systems with integrity and security.
- Broad security work to handle both traditional IT securities with a much broader view of the many connected devices outside the organisation.
- Technology hybrid forcing N-BISC away from standardization with the ability to manage multiple technologies, with more than 1/3 of the systems outside the IT unit.
- Procurement and production must be adapted to simply and promptly handle this hybrid by contiguously adding and removing components, e g cloud inclusive? Application solutions become business as usual.
Aligning your information supply operation to your digital strategy becomes a pre-requisite for being a successful and appreciated partner in the business ecosystem! And the information strategy is the key link between them.
In my next blog, I will talk in more detail about the N-BISC and how the information provided can help you craft a foolproof information strategy thereby speeding up the process of achieving digital transformation.