Your first project can be exciting, hectic, busy, overwhelming, and crazy, all at once. Sure, it’s a lot to handle, but how do you mix that up to break away from project work? Beyond our client-facing projects, Capgemini offers many different outlets to get involved with. Are you a planner? Do you enjoy getting creative? Here are a few ways to flex your other skills outside of technical consulting:
Help plan an event for an Employee Resource Group (ERG)
- MIC, A3, HOLA, OUTfront, ECOS, CREATE, Women LEAD, etc.
- Reach out to the ERG lead at your local office
Help beautify a PowerPoint deck for a Sales Pursuit
- Reach out to your Resource Manager or any VPs you know to see if there are any pursuits that need assistance
Attend an on-campus recruiting event for Campus Recruiting
- It doesn’t have to be the school you graduated from!
- Reach out to NA Recruiting (Steve Villa, Kelley Means)
Contribute a call topic for the College Deployment Coordinator Program weekly Staff Consultant call
- Reach out to Giannoula Regan
Help plan office events at your local Cap office
- Capgemini Connects is held quarterly
- Habitat for Humanity build
- Holiday Party
- Reach out to your local office administrator
- Start your own group or event!
There is always work to be done on internal initiatives, so people are always looking for help. Reach out to the appropriate contact, introduce yourself, and let them know you want to help out. Getting involved not only is a great activity to put on your promotion case, but a seamless way to network!