The Industry's Leading Benchmark for High Net Worth Market Information
Capgemini and our partner RBC Wealth Management are pleased to present the 17th annual World Wealth Report 2013 which looks at trends that affect high net worth individuals (HNWIs) around the globe. Read our press releases for key information on the 2013 Report and Spotlight. The World Wealth Report is available in English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
Announcing the World Wealth Report Interactive Website
We are proud to present the new standard for information on HNWIs: the World Wealth Report website at www.worldwealthreport.com. Features:
- A clickable map displaying HNWI population and wealth by region from 2008 to 2012
- Pre-populated graphs for HNWI wealth and population, asset allocation, regional allocation, and investments of passion for all regions and selected countries
- Build Your Own View graph function which lets you create and share customized graphs from regional and country data
The State of The World’s Wealth
Investable wealth of the world’s HNWIs rebounded in 2012, growing by 10% to reach a record high of $46.2 trillion after declining 1.7%in 2011. One million individuals joined the global HNWI population, which reached 12 million, reflecting an increase of 9.2%.
All regions experienced strong growth in HNWI population and wealth except Latin America, which led growth in 2011 but faltered in 2012 due to slow GDP growth and challenged equity markets.
Exploring the World Wealth Report 2013
Asset Allocation Trends
Asset allocation trends followed the preservation trend, with almost 30% of HNWI wealth held in cash and deposits. Regional differences were clear with equities taking up the largest portion of North American HNWI portfolios (37%), while HNWIs in Latin America and Asia-Pacific (excluding Japan) preferred real estate (30% and 25% of portfolios respectively).
For the Complete Story on Global Wealth Trends
- Explore country and regional trends with the Asia-Pacific Wealth Report and U.S. Metro Wealth Index
- Visit the World Wealth Report website to access market sizing data from 2008 to 2012
- Explore RBC Wealth Management
- Learn more about Capgemini's wealth management solutions
® / ™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under license.
Source: Capgemini, RBC Wealth Management and Scorpio Partnership Global HNW Insights 2013.