SkySight will implement hybrid cloud environments using core Microsoft cloud technologies including Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 and Windows Azure. It will include a portfolio of cloud-based application and infrastructure services through the SkySight Enterprise Applications Store. This portfolio will include Microsoft SharePoint, messaging, collaboration, Microsoft Lync, testing platforms, high performance computing platforms, compute capacity, and storage capacity (2).
SkySight will be made available initially, by the end of September, in the UK, the Netherlands, France, offering public, private and hybrid cloud environments. It will also be available by the end of September in North America for clients using public cloud only. In addition, SkySight will provide services and tools to help independent software vendors take full advantage of its delivery platform.
By using SkySight, Capgemini Group’s clients will benefit from user-friendly access to this broad portfolio of services that can be rapidly deployed in hours rather than months, where and when needed, regardless of capacity model (e.g. public/hybrid/private). With SkySight, organizations can adopt these next generation services at their own pace alongside legacy services that can be run in parallel.
SkySight implementations will be hosted within Capgemini data centers, which helps to address data sovereignty concerns of its clients. These can also be deployed on client premises if required. The Capgemini-developed cloud orchestration service simplifies a customer’s cloud experience by providing valuable oversight, process automation and control of cloud services, as it integrates cumbersome Business Process tasks and functions such as configuration, billing, metering, performance monitoring, provisioning, security and data compliance. Importantly, SkySight will help companies speed up time to market, reduce cost through pay-per use pricing, and replace capital expenditure outlays with consumption-based charges.
Steve Ballmer Video
Paul Hermelin, Chairman and CEO of Capgemini Group said: “SkySight is the culmination of our strong global strategic alliance with Microsoft. We know our clients are investing significantly in digital technologies to achieve lower-cost business services, capable of supporting rapid change and innovative development. They are telling us that they are being held back by a lack of maturity in the tools and services available to integrate and manage this expanding range of new assets. Leveraging Microsoft’s technologies, SkySight offers the first truly end-to-end platform for managing, acquiring and developing cloud services, alongside legacy investments. It allows enterprises to leverage the cloud on their own terms, whether through private, hybrid or public environments.”
Mark Hill, Vice President, Enterprise Partners at Microsoft adds:“Microsoft and Capgemini recognize and embrace the hybrid cloud, enabling companies to consume the public cloud as they need it, while continuing to benefit from their on-premises infrastructure. Built on the foundation of Windows, Capgemini’s SkySight solution spans on-premises infrastructure with Windows Server 2012 and System Center 2012 and will also extend to Windows Azure public cloud services. Few companies have Capgemini’s multi-partner track record, strong industry expertise, and deep integration skills with Microsoft’s best-of-breed technology. Even fewer have the know-how to create enterprise-worthy solutions like SkySight.”
Capgemini’s launch of SkySight is in line with its overarching “Simply. Business Cloud” approach, which sees simplicity and business involvement as central to generating organization-wide benefits of cost-effectiveness, speed to market and flexibility from the cloud. Cloud is a ubiquitous design principle underpinning Capgemini’s entire end-to-end portfolio of solutions and services, which are customized to meet clients’ business needs. Capgemini’s ‘Business Cloud: The State of Play Shifts Rapidly’ report highlighted many issues facing clients moving to the cloud, such as security and data sovereignty, lack of integration and the increasing involvement of the business in cloud decisions. SkySight addresses these concerns by providing the flexibility of workload placement and mobility across private and public cloud domains, within a secure, policy-driven Capgemini orchestration service.
More information on SkySight can be found on www.capgemini.com/skysight
Notes to Editors
(1) Capgemini Orchestration Service: Developed by Capgemini, based on its proven experience in developing, delivering and managing robust services, it is a specially integrated platform for cloud services management that can be tailored to client specific requirements.
(2) SkySight Enterprise Applications Store: A portfolio of cloud-based application and infrastructure services:
- Microsoft SharePoint as a Service: SharePoint Online shares workload and work, organizes projects and teams, and discovers people and information. It can be used to build apps and provide intranet portals, document & file management, collaboration, social networks, extranets, websites, enterprise search, and business intelligence.
- Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration as a Service: Exchange Online, providing business email, calendar, and contacts on PC, phone, and web browser, increases productivity, helps safeguard an organization through anti-malware and anti-spam filters, and provides advanced security and reliability to help protect information.
- Microsoft High Performance Computing Platform: Windows Azure running many virtual machines simultaneously, working in parallel, including HPC Scheduler, which handles the complex problem of scheduling parallel computing work across many Windows Azure virtual machines.
- Microsoft Lync Online: an enterprise-ready unified communications platform that connects people everywhere, on devices running Windows 8 and other operating systems, as part of their everyday productivity experience. Lync provides a consistent, single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video and meeting experience.
- Capgemini Group Testing Platform: provisioning of cloud-based infrastructure to support the software testing life cycle, including full-service maintenance and upgrades, with flexibility and scalability to accommodate changes throughout the project.
With more than 125,000 people in 44 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2012 global revenues of EUR 10.3 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience™, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Sogeti is a leading provider of technology and software testing, specializing in Application, Infrastructure and Engineering Services. Sogeti offers cutting-edge solutions around Testing, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Mobile, Cloud and Cyber Security, combining world class methodologies and its global delivery model, Rightshore®. Sogeti brings together more than 20,000 professionals in 15 countries and has a strong local presence in over 100 locations in Europe, USA and India. Sogeti is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cap Gemini S.A., listed on the Paris Stock Exchange.
For more information please visit www.sogeti.com