The 7th Annual Asia-Pacific Wealth Report from Capgemini and RBC Wealth Management
Based on the global World Wealth Report, the 7th annual Asia-Pacific Wealth Report from Capgemini and RBC Wealth Management looks at the needs of high net worth individuals across 10 core markets: Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, and Taiwan. These countries and territories account for 91.5% of the region’s gross domestic product. The Asia-Pacific Wealth Report is available in English, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
Read our press releases for key information on the 2012 Report.
In 2011, Asia-Pacific became home to the largest population of high net worth individuals (HNWIs), surpassing North America for the first time. Asia-Pacific’s HNWI population is unique in its composition and growth, presenting special challenges for wealth management firms. For instance, much of the wealth is newly generated, and a large proportion of HNWIs are entrepreneurs or heirs of entrepreneurs.
- Asia-Pacific sees steady but uneven growth as HNWI population grew 1.6%, reaching 3.37 million HNWIs and surpassing North America for the first time
- Markets in the region are growing at very different rates with HNWI population growth seen in Thailand (12.8%), Indonesia (8.2%), China (5.2%), and Japan (4.8%) and declines in India (down 18%) and Hong Kong (down 17.4%)
- Asia-Pacific had seven of the top 20 fastest growing HNWI populations globally in 2011
- 'Millionaires Next Door' increased in population by 1.9% and in wealth by 1.5% while the wealth of Asia-Pacific's mid-tier and Ultra-HNWIs dropped in 2011 by 5.2% and 1.9% respectively, due to their exposure in higher risk assets
- Asia-Pacific offshore wealth centers, led by Hong Kong and Singapore, are becoming increasingly favored destinations by high net worth individuals (HNWI)
- 2012 Asia-Pacific Wealth Report finds talent gap biggest hurdle to regional expansion by wealth management firms
For the complete story on global wealth trends:
- Explore trends across the world with the World Wealth Report 2012.
- Get customized International Market Sizing and US-City Market Sizing using our proven models.
- Explore RBC Wealth Management
- Learn more about Capgemini's wealth management solutions.
® / ™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under license.